Our crew are passionate about what they do – between them they own Defenders, Range Rovers and Discovery’s of all ages. This winch truck has become a favourite of lead technician Archie and is taken on many of the teams weekend adventures.
Starting life as a Land Rover Discovery 2 Td5, this truck was chopped down to become a trayback winch challenger, converted and equipped to handle the best (and worst) of the UK’s off road terrain.
Custom conversions and modifications are more than just a job to the Alton 4×4 team – it’s what they love doing in their spare time too. The specialist knowledge between all the technicians means customers benefit from the experience and advice of people who understand what you want to achieve and can advise how best to do it.
This winch truck has had a complete overhaul to include custom modifications and upgrades for performance gains, and most importantly fun!
- Terrafirma 5” lift kit
- Drilled and grooved brake discs all round
- Warn 8274 twin top winches front & rear
- Remapped – Empire Tuning
- Trepador 37” off road tyres
- Cage made and designed by Thurrock 4×4 to MSA race spec
- Twin battery system and alternator
- High raised air intake (snorkel)
- Full breather wading system